[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 617: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5282: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5282: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
Hello - Angel VW Club

Angel VW Club

FREE friendly Volkswagen club in and around Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne & Wear, Northumberland.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:26 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Hello
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 2:05 pm 

Just thought I'd introduce myself. As no doubt you will be facing a barrage of questions from me in the coming weeks, me being new to the whole VW scene and all.

Haven't actually invested in the wheels yet, but I am going to look at a very nice 1972 Cal Look 1776cc (tell me if that sound right, I really am new to all this talk)

If any of you guys know of any other good motors for sale please let me know.

Cheers

Morris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:15 pm 

1776 could be cool. Should be fast if set up right.
Cal look is a style of car based on the early drag VW's and fast street cars from Orange county California. You may well already know that.
Just shout if ya need to know anything or need help viewing a car.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:30 pm 

Welcome,

depends if its UK style cal-look (see http://www.backto89uknostalgia.com/) where most cars where lowered all round, pastel colours and a set of empi 8s, or US style cal-look (www.cal-look.com) where cars are stock height at the back and lowered at the front, normally running a hot motor out back.

if you need any advice or help looking at a car I'm sure someone on here can help.

chris.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:52 am 

Cheers for the welcome, from what I can tell by the pictures it appears to be a UK Cal Look as it is lowered all round. I'll email the guy for a spec and post it up to see what for guys think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:59 am 

Location: Europes best kept secret - Whitley Bay....think its best kept a secret !!
Is it a local car ? might be able to shed some light on it .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:53 pm 

Unfortunatly it's not a local car, it's actually down in York so I'm making a bit of a weekend out of it with a couple of mates.

Thought I might pop in and have a look at the motor below, as well, while I'm down there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:53 pm 

This bus sold for about 32K and you'll never guess what but look at the white bay behind

yep its mine!!!
:shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:29 pm 

Hmm the guy a VWrelics must have sent my mate some duff info or the wrong image becasue I was told it was available for £10250. Some investigating needs doing methinks :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:35 pm 

well I may be wrong mate and Keith is usually sorted to deal with, but it was up for sale for 36k and the last I heard it went for 32k to some bloke in the states. As featured in last months volksworld.

32k is a ridiculous amount of money mind - however a split westy recently sold at london auction for over 50k - yikes

If you go down to relics can you possibly do me a favour and look at the devon roof keith has, let me know what sort of condition it is in, but only if u have time.

Cheers mate and welcome to the club

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:04 pm 

It's definatly sold as I bought a splitscreen panel van from down there a few weeks ago and asked him about it as had seen it in Volksworld think the 32k (or something pretty high like that) was right also not that I can remember much as I was in schock having just parted with 10K myself. :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:33 am 

Looks as though my mate had got a couple of different emails muddled up and got a bit confused.

I've just had a look on the VW Relics website and like the look of this one

Scott mate the trip looks as though it may be posponed for a week as the guy whos Cal Look is was going down to see has to work. I'll let you know when I'm rearrangeing it for and I'll try and check out that roof for you.