[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 617: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5282: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5282: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
My 1969 beetle first ever project. - Page 5 - Angel VW Club

Angel VW Club

FREE friendly Volkswagen club in and around Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne & Wear, Northumberland.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:54 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 11:08 pm 

Found my stash of photos that I found on ebay a while back, taken 2 months before I bought it.

Reading the advert, a lot of stuff was different from it when I ended up with it, and the ambiguity re: the engine was in existence then.

I would love to find out more about the car, but it is a mysterious car, facts I know are as follows:
Used to be red,
Rot was repaired whilst red
Was painted blue/modified/ruined/bodged
Someone installed some of the most laughable mods ever.
was taxed in 2001
last mot 2004

The advert being as follows:

As you will see it's a 1969 Volkswagen Beetle Saloon. The car was registered on 8th July 1969 as a 1200cc but now has 1500cc engine fitted.

Due to the age of this car it is Tax exempt :-)

From the pictures you will be able to see the car has Porsche alloy wheels fitted which will be sold with car.

The car was last MOT'd in 2004, it was then driven 4 or 5 miles and has sat still since then. As the car has sat for about 8 years it does have rust and will need to be welded, however to what extent is difficult to gauge when looking at car jacked up.

Mileage currently showing 25k[/url]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 8:10 am 

From the pictures you will be able to see the car has Porsche alloy wheels fitted which will be sold with car.

Hahaha :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 12:37 pm 

Wish it still had them. Porsche empi 8 wheels must be worth a fortune. Especially if genuine!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 8:19 pm 

Had a closer look at stuff under the car. In a position to do the welding required for mot and sort brakes.

Have decided to just patch the hole in the wheel well. Bit excessive to change the whole wheel well for the sake of a small patch. Will replace it in the future, perhaps.

Should get the mot stuff done for a retest later next week.

Have been looking at the underside of the engine. It is missing a piece of tinware, the thermostat, another bit of tinware is damaged, there is a small oil leak. Plus could do with a service. First thing to do after the mot, and won't take it too far until after the issues sorted. Lucky my engine dolly came today! Heat exchangers not too clever either.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:39 am 

Just an update... welding done, brakes done! Painted., just steering box and light adjustment to go. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:22 pm 

Just really a quick update with pictures.

WELDING done, including patching the damn side repeaters up. Not perfect but nicecenough for now.

Was bored, and bernie reminded me about something I wanted to do for a while. Notice anything different?

Finally retiring to the back yard for some headlight adjustment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:40 pm 

Location: Europes best kept secret - Whitley Bay....think its best kept a secret !!
The zoom of doom has gone!! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:51 pm 

I got rid of my zoom of doom a while back too, was cool at first but I prefer the sound of the normal pipes (or would if I was at a stage to hear them :D )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:39 pm 

It had to go. It was a bad plan whoever decided it was. Lets dechrome the car then add an enormous chrome thing to it. A neighbour asked me if it was always that loud. My dad says he could hear me coming back from the mot 5 mins before i returned. Not too much quieter but nicer sound.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:19 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:49 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:49 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:49 pm 

Phil

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:47 am 

It passed....

It broke down on the way home. Think the coil has just died.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:05 pm 

That's life in an old veedub, make you feel great then piss on your bonfire :lol:

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 Next