Angel VW Club

FREE friendly Volkswagen club in and around Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne & Wear, Northumberland.
It is currently Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:59 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:44 am 

METZ Cheap England Soccer Shirts , France (AP) — A second French league game in three days was interrupted due to banners deemed homophobic as Paris Saint-Germain beat Metz 2-0 Friday.Referee Frank Schneider stopped the game briefly after the banners were unfurled in the first half. He then allowed play to resume some minutes later when they were removed.The latest incident came after Wednesday game between Nice and Marseille — also in the top tier — was halted for several minutes after Nice fans unfurled two banners with homophobic messages.Metz fans appeared to be responding to that incident by targeting the French league (LFP), showing a banner saying “I won’t be on TV because my words are not very gay.”More banners referenced the 2022 World Cup in Qatar. Homosexuality is illegal in Qatar, which has links to PSG through owner Qatar Sports Investments.The LFP is attempting to cut out homophobic chanting at games. Earlier this month, a referee stopped a second-division match between Nancy and Le Mans for about a minute after an initial appeal made over the speakers to stop homophobic chanting failed to have an effect.Responding to a slew of injuries, PSG coach Thomas Tuchel handed debuts in Metz to 19-year-old goalkeeper Marcin Bulka and 17-year-old midfielder Adil Aouchiche, who became the club’s youngest player to start a league game.Bulka started in place of Alphonse Areola, who is reportedly on the verge of completing a switch to Real Madrid in a swap-deal for Costa Rica goalkeeper Keylor Navas.PSG’s injury worries deepened ahead of its Champions League opening game against Real Madrid on Sept. 18, with Angel Di Maria and Eric-Maxim Choupo-Moting both picking up knocks.Choupo-Moting was coach Tuchel’s only recognized striker available after injuries to Edinson Cavani (hip) and Kylian Mbappe (hamstring) last weekend, while Brazil striker Neymar remained unavailable and wants to move away from the club.Tuchel was also without the injured Julian Draxler Cheap France Soccer Jerseys , Thilo Kehrer, Ander Herrera and Abdou Diallo for the game at the Saint Symphorien stadium.Di Maria opened the scoring with a penalty in the 11th minute after Juan Bernat was unceremoniously upended in the area.The visitors had to wait till the end of the half before Choupo-Moting rose above the static Metz defense to head in Marco Verratti’s free kick in the 43rd.Choupo-Moting had to go off toward the end. Di Maria needed treatment in injury time. Cristiano Ronaldo walked off the field and glared at Maurizio Sarri, muttering something undiscernible.He then stormed down the tunnel.It was the 55th minute of Juventus’ match against AC Milan and Ronaldo had just been substituted for the second straight match after another disappointing performance.His replacement, Paulo Dybala, went on to score the only goal, helping Juventus to a 1-0 victory on Sunday.Italian media reported that Ronaldo wasn’t around to congratulate Dybala or his teammates, having left the stadium shortly before the final whistle.“I don’t know,” Sarri said when asked if that was true. “If it’s true what you say then it’s a problem for him to sort out with his own teammates.”Sarri, who took over as coach at Juventus this season Cheap Germany Soccer Jerseys , insisted he was more than fine with Ronaldo’s reaction toward him. In fact, he was glad about it.“If he gets angry at being substituted after all he has won, I’m very happy about that because it means he still has his head fully in the game and he wants to help the team at all costs,” Sarri said. “I like it when a player reacts a bit when he gets taken off. I would be much more worried if it was the opposite.”Sarri said Ronaldo has been bothered by a knee injury for nearly a month and is playing through the pain.However, former Juventus coach Fabio Capello said the 34-year-old Ronaldo is not the same extraordinary player.“I didn’t like it (his reaction), it wasn’t nice,” Capello said. “He should be a champion also when he comes off the field.“The truth is Cristiano Ronaldo hasn’t dribbled past an opponent in three years. When he played in Spain he always went past players and left them there … at the moment he can’t do the kind of moves that Dybala can.”Ronaldo finished last season his first in Italy as Juve’s top scorer with 28 goals in all competitions. He has six so far this season, two fewer than he had after the same number of matches last year.Ronaldo’s next matches will likely be for Portugal in European Championship qualifying matches against Lithuania and Luxembourg.ASTORI REMEMBEREDCagliari’s match against Fiorentina was emotional for both teams and, especially best replica football jerseys , for Giovanni Simeone.Play was interrupted in the 13th minute to remember former Fiorentina captain Davide Astori, who was found dead in his hotel room in March 2018 at the age of 31. The defender used to wear the No. 13 shirt and spent most of his career at Cagliari and Fiorentina.Both sets of teams and fans stood to applaud.Simeone, who joined Cagliari from Fiorentina in the offseason, was in tears as he pointed to the sky and saluted after scoring his team’s third goal in a 5-2 victory.“I will always carry this day with me in my heart,” Simeone said.Cagliari defender Fabio Pisacane also dedicated his goal to Astori.“I knew him since our youth team days. He was a guy who was loved by everyone, that was shown by the wave of emotion after his death,” Pisacane said. “I scored in the 26th minute which is 13 plus 13, his number.”Cagliari moved into the Champions League slots with the win. The Sardinian club has finished in the bottom half of the standings in each of the three seasons since it was promoted in 2016.