Angel VW Club

FREE friendly Volkswagen club in and around Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne & Wear, Northumberland.
It is currently Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:08 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:14 am 

TORONTO -- Drew Hutchison focuses on one thing when pitching: command. Hutchison struck out nine over seven innings and gave up a double to hold New York scoreless as the Toronto Blue Jays beat the Yankees 2-0 on Saturday. "Everything comes off fastball command," said the 24-year-old right-hander. "You can have the best stuff there is and not command the ball. I think thats what its about." Reliever Aaron Sanchez kept Hutchisons momentum into the eighth and ninth innings, striking out three to preserve the one-hitter and earn the save for Toronto (68-67). "Every time I go out there I expect to go deep into the game and to be successful," said Hutchison. "I thought I showed that today and I was able to have good command and my fastball was really good. "Everything comes off fastball command for me and then I had a real good slider too so I was just able to make pitches." Yankees manager Joe Girardi also pointed to Hutchisons exceptional command of the strike zone. "He was beating us with his fastball," said Girardi. "He threw the ball really well. Hes got some pretty good stuff and today we werent able to figure him out." Right-fielder Jose Bautista had a two-run home run in the first inning, providing all the offence the Blue Jays would need for the win. Its the fourth game in a row that Bautista has homered in. The blast was also his 100th homer at Rogers Centre, making him only the fourth Blue Jay to reach that benchmark, joining Carlos Delgado (175), Vernon Wells (124) and Joe Carter (121). "Ill enjoy that in the off-season, all those personal things," said Bautista. "You go home and maybe think about it a little bit and enjoy it but were trying to win games here and thats the most important thing. We havent done enough lately so we need to get on a hot streak here to finish the season to strong. "We could climb back up easily with all the games we have left against the Orioles and the Yankees." Torontos win coupled with the Detroit Tigers 6-3 loss to the Chicago White Sox on Saturday afternoon puts the Blue Jays 5 1-2 games back of the final wild-card berth in the American League. Seattle, New York and Cleveland all have better records than Toronto in the wild card chase. Bautista praised both Hutchison and Sanchez after the game. "It was unbelievable. Hutchison did a tremendous job. Obviously he gave us a chance to win," said Bautista. "Aaron also did great. They both held them to just one hit, three or four baserunners and scoreless. Any time the pitchings going to do that our chances of winning are pretty high." Michael Pineda (3-3) pitched six-plus innings, giving up seven hits and two earned runs with three strikeouts for the Yankees (70-64). New York captain Derek Jeter, who is playing the last season of his 19-year career, went 0-for-4 on the day with two strikeouts. Still, the sold-out crowd cheered for the sure-fire Hall of Famer for all of his at bats, chanting his name between pitches. Torontos Kevin Pillar got the first out of the game with a highlight-reel diving catch on Brett Gardner in centre field. Hutchison quickly retired the next two batters for a three up, three down half inning. Bautista put Toronto on the scoreboard with a two-run home run over the left-field fence that cashed in Jose Reyes in the bottom of the first. Reyes was on third after a single, a stolen base and advancing on Cabreras ground out to shortstop. Hutchison was dialled in for the Blue Jays, not allowing any base runners until the top of the fourth. He struggled to get out of that inning after back-to-back strikeouts, hitting Carlos Beltran with a pitch and giving up a double to Mark Teixeira. Hutchison then loaded the bases by hitting Brian McCann with a pitch, but Martin Prado popped out to end the inning. "I put a few guys on and those are situations where you just need to bear down and make a pitch," said Hutchison. "I was able to do that and get out of the jam." Hutchison re-gained his form in the fifth, inducing a fly out and fanning two more for a quick inning. Both teams went scoreless in the fifth and sixth innings, with Hutchison retiring the Yankees in four at bats in the seventh. Edwin Encarnacion hit a single for the Blue Jays to start the seventh, with Dioner Navarro pushing him to third with a double. Yankees manager Joe Girardi pulled Pineda after those hits with right-hander Shawn Kelley coming in as relief. Kelley struck out Danny Valencia, induced a ground out by Pillar and a pop out by Reyes to end the threat. Sanchez started the eighth for Toronto, dismissing three batters, including strikeouts of Gardner and Jeter. Left-hander David Huff took the mound for New York in the bottom of the inning, giving up a walk before ending the eighth. Sanchez completed the victory with two groundouts, ending the game with a called strike out of McCann. Notes: There were 45,863 in attendance at Rogers Centre, the 11th sold-out game of the season for the Blue Jays ... Toronto has lost six of its last eight series (1-6-1) since July 31. ... J.A. Happ (8-8) will get the start for Toronto in Sundays matinee. New York counters with Brandon McCarthy (5-3). Authentic Garrett Temple Jersey . The 29-year-old Mills started three games for Oakland this season, posting a 1-1 record with a 4.41 earned-run average. He opened the season appearing in 14 games and making 12 starts for the Milwaukee Brewers triple-A affiliate in Nashville, posting a 4-2 record with a 1. Grizzlies Jerseys China . Gordon reportedly failed another drug test and is facing a one-year ban. Gordon led the NFL in yards receiving last season despite being suspended two games for violating the leagues substance-abuse policy. http://www.cheapgrizzliesjerseysauthent ... jersey.com) - Former foes from the Mountain West Conference battle in the 23rd annual Las Vegas Bowl, as the 23rd-ranked Utah Utes clash with the Colorado State Rams at Sam Boyd Stadium on Saturday. Cheap Nike Grizzlies Jerseys . It is unclear how long Kallstrom, who was brought in to alleviate the teams midfield problems, will be sidelined. Arsenals communications director, Mark Gonnella, says the club decided to proceed with Kallstroms signing despite the injury. Wholesale Grizzlies Jerseys Authentic . - Olympic champion Marielle Thompson accomplished her mission of defending her skicross World Cup title at Nakiska Ski Area on Saturday.LOS ANGELES - As practice wrapped up at the Lakers facility in L.A. on Thursday, Terrence Ross hung around to work on his aerial acrobatics with the assistance of teammate DeMar DeRozan. DeRozan threw the Raptors sophomore and reigning NBA Slam Dunk champion lobs off the side of the backboard, he tossed bounce passes and threw alley-oops. Ross experimented with a variation of finishes. As it turns out, they could both use the practice. The Raptors duo will take part in State Farm All-Star Saturday Night - taking place in New Orleans on Feb. 15 - as Ross returns to defend his title in the Sprite Slam Dunk competition and DeRozan will make an unexpected appearance in the Taco Bell Skills Challenge. After edging out Jeremy Evans to win last years contest in Houston, Ross will have his work cut out for him this time around. For the first time since 1988, three all-stars - Pacers forward Paul George, Wizards guard John Wall and Blazers guard Damian Lillard - will compete in the event. Rounding out the field is Warriors forward Harrison Barnes and Kings rookie guard Ben McLemore. "Everybodys kind of a threat," Ross said of this years competition. "Its going to be fun, everybody wants to win." What will Ross do for an encore? The 23-year-old says hes still searching for ideas, scouring YouTube, Twitter and even using video games to brainstorm. "Everybodys done everything," he continued. "I dont know, its like how many times can you do the same dunk before people get tired of it? So its hard to find new dunks but at the same time you always find something a little different." The one thing he could say with certainty is he will not be using props. While Ross has expected to defend his crown since last season, DeRozans debut in the Skills Challenge comes as a surprise, even to him. "I kind of got peer pressure into doing it," said the first-time all-star, who will also be assisting Ross in the dunk-off. DeRozan initially declined the invitation but his agent twisted his arm and eventually he came around. "I changed my mind. I said Ill try it, why not." "I thought it would be fun," he said of the event, which is usually exclusive for point guardss but DeRozan hopes to start a new era of shooting guards entering and conquering the ball handling/passing obstacle course.dddddddddddd "Everybody doesnt get a chance to be a part of All-Star Weekend and the big thing for me is to go out there and have fun. I think it will be cool to go out there and represent my team as much as I can and you never know, I might mess around and win it." Along with DeRozan, the participants will consists of Lillard, Goran Dragic, Reggie Jackson and rookies Giannis Antetokounmpo, Michael Carter-Williams, Victor Oladipo and Trey Burke. DeRozan, who has previously competed in the Slam Dunk contest on two separate occasions, will be the first Raptor to appear in the Skills Challenge. Although he wouldnt tip his hand, his strategy centres on speed over precision. "I look at it like, a lot of players go out there and try to do it cool," said the fifth-year guard. "I always used to say, you can go a little faster. So Ive got my whole mindset to try and win it." The format in both events will be tweaked this season. The Skills Challenge will feature four teams of two players each competing in a two-round timed relay-style course. The fastest team from each conference will advance to the second and final round, where the winning pair will be crowned. The Dunk Contest participants will also compete in teams, divided by conference. The competition will tip off with a "freestyle round" where the dunkers for each the East and the West will have 90 seconds to showcase as many dunks as they choose. At the conclusion of the opening round, the panel of judges will vote for a winning conference. The winning conference will decide whether its competitors will dunk first or second in the following round, a head-to-head "battle round". In the battle round dunkers from opposing conferences will face off against each other, with the judges choosing a winner in each battle. The first team to win three battles will win the competition. Fans will then vote on the "Dunker of the Night" from the winning team. Ross is the fifth Raptor to participate in the event, joining DeRozan, Vince Carter, Tracy McGrady and Jamario Moon. cheap falcons jerseys cheap ravens jerseys cheap bills jerseys cheap bears jerseys cheap bengals jerseys cheap cowboys jerseys cheap lions jerseys cheap texans jerseys cheap colts jerseys cheap jaguars jerseys cheap chiefs jerseys cheap rams jerseys cheap dolphins jerseys cheap vikings jerseys cheap saints jerseys cheap giants jerseys cheap jets jerseys cheap eagles jerseys cheap steelers jerseys cheap 49ers jerseys ' ' '