Angel VW Club

FREE friendly Volkswagen club in and around Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne & Wear, Northumberland.
It is currently Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:51 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:50 am 

HOUSTON -- Montreal looked to be headed for its first victory in Houston in five tries after taking a lead early in the second half. But in a three minute span, that all changed. Two goals by Giles Barnes and the go-ahead goal by Ricardo Clark turned back the Impact in a 3-2 Dynamo victory Saturday night. "We had momentum, and we needed to keep the ball a little bit more, dont force it," said Montreal coach Frank Klopas. "We were under control, and we lose momentum at times when we could be better with our decision making. "I think a lot of positives, but disappointing that we give up three goals and lose a game that I think we should have walked away (from) with points." Klopas also blasted the officiating for what he thought should have been a late hand ball in the box on Houston. Marco Di Vaio was passing the ball to Dilly Duka in the box in the 88th minute, and the ball appeared to deflect off Houston defender A.J. Cochrans hand, but referee Fotis Bazakos did not blow the whistle to award Montreal a penalty kick. "In the end, we had a clear penalty at the end of the game," Klopas said. "With this referee, I dont know if its because hes Greek, and I am Greek or if we dont get any calls because we are Montreal but something has to change. We need to start getting some calls. "Im not saying to give us calls, but clear 100 per cent, and its not given. The league has to do something about that. Its embarrassing." Duka agreed with his coach on the call. "They got a ton more calls than us, a lot more," Duka said. "I didnt see many go our way. Again, thats not what cost us the game." Montreal (5-15-5, 20 points) took a 2-1 lead in the 55th minute on a goal by Ignacio Piatti. Di Vaio fed a through ball to Piatti, who got behind three Dynamo defenders and scored from the top of the box past a sliding tackle from Houston goalkeeper Tyler Deric. Houston (9-13-4, 31 points) responded with Barnes second goal of the night in the 62nd minute, taking a cross from Omar Cummings in the middle of the box and hitting a left-footed one-timer inside the far post. Barnes put the Dynamo up 1-0 in the 30th minute. "Its difficult," Duka said. "A team like Houston will punish you. They have some quality players, and if you turn off, they are going to punish you." After Cummings sent one off the crossbar in the 64th minute, Clark gave the Dynamo the 3-2 lead, tapping in a Brad Davis corner kick on the far post after David Horst headed it to him. "When you give up three goals, you have to look at yourself in the mirror," Montreal defender Wandrille Lefevre said. "Three goals is too much. You usually lose when you give up three goals." Montreal tied it 1-1 in the 40th minute after Duka took a pass from Felipe Martins at the top of the box and sent one inside the far post. The Impact had a chance to continue their recent momentum. Entering winners of two of the last three, Montreal left Houston dropping its second in its last three and ninth in its last 11. Montreal remains the worst team in MLS. "We scored two goals, and we should have won," Klopas said. "Clear hand ball in the end and disappointed with the ref. Montreal Impact, we never get any calls. Its a joke." Mariners Dee Gordon Jersey .Y. -- AJ Allmendingers journey is almost complete. Mariners Jean Segura Jersey . Jannero Pargo scored 14 of his 24 points in the fourth quarter to help the Charlotte Bobcats erase a 21-point deficit and rally for an 83-76 preseason victory over the Milwaukee Bucks on Saturday night. http://www.cheapmarinersjerseysauthenti ... mmissioner Adam Silver said Wednesday it is inevitable that the league will one day take after European sports and have sponsor names on team jerseys. Mariners Wade LeBlanc Jersey .J. -- Having Ondrej Pavelec earn his 100th NHL win and seeing Mark Scheifele and Evander Kane break goal droughts were nice highlights for the Winnipeg Jets. Mariners Mitch Haniger Jersey . No, the San Antonio star didnt announce retirement plans during an off day at the NBA Finals on Wednesday.PHILADELPHIA - Eric Lindros pointed his stick toward nearly 49,000 roaring fans, took a walk toward the infield ice and found his place in orange and black with the rest of the former Philadelphia Flyers greats.Lindros needed a Winter Classic to thaw his icy relationship with the Flyers.Once the former Flyers captain and the franchise reconciled before that 2011 alumni game, each side promised that Lindros would be back in the fold and become an appreciated — and no longer ignored — part of team history.Lindros returns Thursday night to the Wells Fargo Center when he is inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame. Lindros has some company for the big night: Legion of Doom linemate John LeClair is set for induction with him before the Flyers host Minnesota.We were both deeply honoured to get the call, Lindros said. Then we started talking more about it and decided to do it together, which we thought was appropriate. So here we are and we are looking forward to that night.Lindros seemed like a surefire Hall of Fame inductee in the 1990s when he was scoring 40 goals, winning league MVP honours and took the Flyers to the 1997 Stanley Cup finals.But a fallout with the franchise over the handling of Lindros multiple concussions forced the team to trade him. The organization then did little to recognize his achievements for most of the next decade.I dont care if I talk to Eric for the rest of my life — it wont kill me, Flyers general manager Bobby Clarke, a Hall of Famer centre, said in the months leading up the 2001 trade to New York.Those bitter days are over. Lindros and Clarke have made peace — Clarke has even stumped for Lindros to make the hockey Hall of Fame.Knowing one of the greats had to be included on a star-studded roster, former general manager Paul Holmgren reached out to Lindros to ask about playing in the Winter Classic alumni game at Citizens Bank Park.The crowd went wild as Lindros made a triumphant return to the city in his familiar No. 88 jersey.Lindros, a six-time NHL All-Star, wanted to move on from the ugly end of his tenure.So much of what occurred was so long ago, he said. Were looking at 14 almost 15 years now. It was a real honour to be invited back to thhat outdoor game and I had a great time at it.dddddddddddd It was what it was and it is what it is.Lindros, LeClair and Mikael Renberg formed the Legion of Doom line that carried the Flyers to the Eastern Conference final in 1995 and the Stanley Cup final in 1997. The line combined for 225 goals and 490 points over two seasons.Lindros was The Big E, 6-foot-4 and 245 pounds of scoring force at centre whom the Flyers deemed worth six players, two first-round draft picks and $15 million to acquire in a blockbuster trade with the Quebec Nordiques in 1992. He played 486 games for the Flyers over eight seasons, ranking fifth on the clubs career scoring list with 290 goals and 369 assists for 659 points. His career points-per-game average of 1.36 ranks first in franchise history.Lindros career was shortened by a series of concussions. He was named this year honorary chairman of See The Line, a concussion symposium out of London, Ontario.I do feel fortunate to be in the health that Im in. I feel strong, I feel good, the 41-year-old Lindros said.LeClair and Tim Kerr are the only Flyers to ever score 50 or more goals in three or more consecutive seasons.Eric has been such a big part of my career and to have him right there next to me with everything is quite immense, LeClair said. With what hes done to get me to this point, to have him standing next to me is going to be a big thrill.The line helped the Flyers become contenders again after some bleak seasons in the early 1990s, though the Flyers are still trying to win their first Stanley Cup since 1975.There were many years that I thought we had a team that was more capable of winning the Stanley Cup, Lindros said. I think the city deserved it with the teams we had.The Flyers also will induct former captain Eric Desjardins into the Hall of Fame on Feb. 19 against Buffalo.Lindros, LeClair and the fans will come together one more time for a rare reason to celebrate in yet another mediocre season. The team will wear 10/88 patches to honour LeClair and Lindros.They get it, they want their teams to do well and Im sure that Thursday night will be an example of that, Lindros said. Im just proud to be back in that rink. cheap falcons jerseys cheap ravens jerseys cheap bills jerseys cheap bears jerseys cheap bengals jerseys cheap cowboys jerseys cheap lions jerseys cheap texans jerseys cheap colts jerseys cheap jaguars jerseys cheap chiefs jerseys cheap rams jerseys cheap dolphins jerseys cheap vikings jerseys cheap saints jerseys cheap giants jerseys cheap jets jerseys cheap eagles jerseys cheap steelers jerseys cheap 49ers jerseys ' ' '