Angel VW Club

FREE friendly Volkswagen club in and around Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne & Wear, Northumberland.
It is currently Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:57 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:32 am 

pace this season with 228 touchdown throws in the first month of the season.Case Keenum hasn't joined the party.The Denver Broncos' new quarterback has just three touchdown passes — none since the opener against Seattle — and his six interceptions are just one shy of the total he had last season in Minnesota.Keenum is the first Broncos QB since John Elway in 1986 to go three consecutive games with 20 throws and zero touchdowns."Is it a concern? Not really http://www.sanfrancisco49ersteamonline.com/solomon-thomas-jersey ," coach Vance Joseph said Wednesday. "Our concern is winning football games. ... But Case is going to get better and better with time. We're figuring out who we are as an offense. It's a month into the season, I've been proud of how Case is playing."If Keenum throws a touchdown pass Sunday when the Broncos (2-2) visit the Jets (1-3), it'll be his first in 28 days."I don't care how we get into the end zone," Keenum said. "Obviously, I like throwing touchdowns. I like when those guys are running them in, too. We've got two great backs" in rookies Royce Freeman and Phillip Lindsay."They're doing a great job. But we've got a bunch of targets. Receivers, tight ends, they want to get into the end zone, too," Keenum said. "So, whatever it takes. I know the whole team is that way and whatever it takes to score more points than the other team, whether it's run or pass" is the goal. "But yeah, we'd love to get more passes going."Keenum would have had a fourth TD pass to go with his third fourth-quarter comeback for the Broncos had he connected with a wide-open Demaryius Thomas streaking down the sideline Monday night in the final seconds of Denver's 27-23 loss to the Chiefs in which they squandered a 10-point fourth-quarter lead.On third down from the Kansas City 28 with 22 seconds left, Keenum saw the cornerback jam Thomas, then release him to the safeties, both of whom were deep in the end zone.No linebacker to layer to throw over.No safeties to freeze with his eyes.No over-the-shoulder pinpoint pass needed.Just a basic delivery to his big receiver.Keenum stepped up and ... rifled it over Thomas' head .Keenum loved the play call by offensive coordinator Bill Musgrave, who's taken some heat for using three-receiver sets without a fullback or tight end on a three-and-out series sandwiched between Patrick Mahomes ' two TD drives that rallied the unbeaten Chiefs."It was a great play call by Bill, trying to take a shot at the end zone and they played two high safeties," Keenum said. "I threw it where I wanted to, just a little high. It was just a little bit off. And that's the game. It's a game of inches. Would I have liked to have that one back? Heck yeah. But I know we're going to make a lot more of those than we don't."So, I gave it my best shot and I can't lose anymore sleep over it," Keenum said. "We've got a lot more games to play. We've got a tough test this week. So, I've squashed it. I've learned from it. I've moved on."Being in all four games with a chance to pull out the win gives Keenum hope he can find his rhythm like he did in leading the Vikings to the NFC championship game last season."We haven't played our best football yet and we've had a chance to win every game Authentic Laken Tomlinson Jersey ," Keenum said. "... I'm excited where we're at. I'm even more excited where we're headed."MARSHALL's MOVEMENTThe Broncos and Brandon Marshall announced a $50,000 commitment to help launch the linebacker's FEEL (Feed and Educate to Empower Leaders) Movement in Denver.The initiative was announced 48 hours after Marshall and Thomas both stood with their teammates during "The Star-Spangled Banner" Monday night after staying inside during the national anthem for the first three games.Marshall, who followed the lead of his college teammate Colin Kaepernick in taking a knee during the national anthem in the past, said he and Thomas felt that they had made their point by continuing to draw attention to social injustice."The protest is just a symbol. The knee is just a symbol. It's not everything. The action, what we do in the community, that's everything," Marshall said. "I definitely think the knee was important to get everybody's attention, but more-so it's about what everyone's doing in the community."A Tale of Two Pities Two offensive-minded teams running Cover-3 defenses, expected to do well this year. Two injury-ridden squads with 1-4 records and lots of frustrated fans.San Francisco and Atlanta.Inspired by a comment from user Bay Area Blessed, let's look into the similarities and differences between the 49ers and Falcons. (Spoiler: I’d rather be SF than Atlanta.) Here’s what BAB said about the Falcons comparison:There’s no doubt that both teams are big disappointments, in large part due to injuries. For Atlanta, offensive guard Andy Levitre is out for the year, along with safeties Keanu Neal and Ricardo Allen. Middle linebacker Deion Jones is on IR with a vague foot injury, marked for return but not before November 18th at the earliest — and his absence has caused problems equivalent to Reuben Foster’s, at the start of this season for San Francisco. His replacement, Duke Riley, is rated 77th of 82 qualifying LB’s by PFF.Here are some similarities and differences between the competing disappointments of these two teams.Similarities1. Kyle ShanahanFundamentally, these are both offenses that Kyle Shanahan built, even if work is only half-done in San Francisco, and Atlanta’s offense is diverging under the guidance of Steve Sarkisian, who is rebuilding his career after getting fired from the USC head coach job for alcoholism. Many of the same skill players are there, such as QB Matt Ryan, WR1 Julio Jones Womens Brock Coyle Jersey , WR2 Mohammed Sanu, RBs Devonta Freeman and Tevin Coleman, TE Austin Hooper (plus Logan Paulsen from Shanny’s first Niners team!). But notably, the Falcons let the NFL’s second-best pass receiving fullback — Patrick DiMarco — walk after Shanahan left. Their current FB Ricky Ortiz has (checks notes) zero receptions on zero targets, for a grand total of zero yards. Meanwhile, FB Kyle Juszczyk has 197 yards receiving so far this year, more than Larry Fitzgerald, Randall Cobb, Taylor Gabriel, Christian McCaffrey, Jordan Reed — or Pierre Gar莽on.2. InjuriesI’ve already mentioned Atlanta’s injuries, and anyone reading this is far too familiar with the Niners’ problems. The real worry is combining No. 1 and No. 2 — is there something about Shanahan’s offense that increases the odds of injuries? Nothing leaps out at me, but it’s a question worth asking.Differences1. The offensive lineAtlanta’s line was great under Shanahan, cemented by the high-priced free agent acquisition of center Alex Mack, whose mobility really made Shanahan’s scheme sing. That line has been neglected since he left and has really fallen apart, giving up six sacks and 13 QB hits in the Pittsburgh game alone. Mack is getting old, Levitre’s out for the season, and only Jake Matthews has been playing well (out of five starters). Do you know who’s starting at right guard for Atlanta this year? Brandon Fusco, the barely passable Niner guard from last year. ‘Nuff said.Meanwhile, PFF ranks the Niners’ offensivefront line 5th in the NFL. Drafting tackle Mike McGlinchey and signing free agent center Weston Richburg, Jr. has cemented a great line, paving the way for Shanahan’s run heavy + play action pass scheme to be devastating when everyone heals up next year.2. Skill playersThe Falcons are loaded, with Matty Ice Womens Adrian Colbert Jersey , Julio Jones, Mohammed Sanu, Devonta Freeman, Tevin Coleman, and rookie WR Calvin Ridley (the offensive player of the month for September). San Francisco has 鈥?a great fullback? Second-year men George Kittle and Matt Breida are on track to eventually become Pro Bowlers, and Marquise Goodwin flashed last year (but not this season, so far). Otherwise, the Niners have a bunch of average to above average skill players, but no real stars.Atlanta has a much stronger offense, right now. But given their roster and healthy QB, they damn well better.3. Head coachAtlanta has a defensive minded head coach, and a terrible defense sometimes bailed out by a strong offense. San Francisco has a generally good defense with huge lapses in its second year, and an overachieving offense masterminded by a great coach, but sputtering due to spotty talent. The Niners are a couple of years away, but I like the trend.OverallAtlanta is a talented, directionless team slowly drifting into mediocrity. San Francisco is a young, rebuilding team with great leadership at GM and offensive coordinator/coach, a team on the way up. They’re passing each other going in different directions, but I see this as a lot more like “A Star is Born” than any direct parallel.